What you will need
You will need a micro-UDB cable to attach your Kindle to your computer. You should have received one when you purchased your Kindle Fire device.
How to download and install our free Kindle books on your Kindle Fire
- Click the book cover to download the mobi (book) file to your computer. The desktop is a convenient place but anywhere will do.
- Attach your device to your computer using the micro-UDB cable and wait for the computer to recognize it.
- Your PC will likely respond by opening at Internal Storage on your Kindle Fire.
- Next, double-click Internal Storage, locate the Books folder and double-click Books.
- Find the mobi file that you downloaded earlier and drag and drop it into the device’s Books folder that you just opened.
- Wait for the file to transfer and safely eject your Kindle.
- Your free OnlyKindle.com book for Kindle should appear on your device’s carousel screen. However, if it does not, tap Docs on the top menu and then tap Device.
- You should find the book there as well.
- When you have located the book, tap the book to open it.
If it does not, locate your Fire device on the left of Windows Explorer and double-click it.